FOR EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND A 5 STAR REPUTATION
Water Heater Installation, Repair & Replacement
Your water heater provides hot water for taking a shower, washing dishes and doing laundry. If something goes wrong, you need to schedule water heater repair or replacement services from a reputable, local plumbing company.
Experienced Plumbing Company in St. Charles, IL
Flotek Plumbing provides high-quality water heater services in St. Charles, IL. Call us when you need assistance with water heater installation for a new unit or water heater replacement services to upgrade to an efficient water heater. Like other appliances, water heaters need regular maintenance to operate efficiently. Water heater maintenance includes flushing the tank at least once a year and checking the valves, thermometer and other parts to ensure everything is working optimally. If you have an aging hot water heater, we may suggest water heater replacement services to a more efficient unit. You can rely on our experienced, licensed plumbers to provide necessary water heater repair services on traditional or efficient systems.
Why choose flotek plumbing?
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Heater Installation, Repair & Replacement
“Flotek did an excellent job on my water heater install.”
“Stellar work from Gabriel at Flotek! We had a plumbing emergency and Gabriel was out to our home within 30 minutes. He was thorough, courteous, and took the extra step to walk me through the issue and offer suggestions for preventative maintenance in the future. I cannot recommend this company enough!”
“Gabriel is amazing and his work and knowledge are incredible. We have used him for several jobs and time after time he gets the job done right the first time. Very professional in his job. Thanks Gabriel!”
“I recently had a pipe burst in my home. I called Flotek Plumbing and they came out immediately to repair the pipe. They did not charge extra fees to come out quickly. I have also had this company come out and install a water heater and water softener. This company provided us with the best quality product at the best price. This company is highly recommended.”
“If you want a reliable, honest, and knowledgeable plumber, Flotek Plumbing is the way to go!! We were referred to Flotek from a friend initially to bid out a complete basement remodel. Not only were they the most reasonable on cost, the service and responsiveness was like none-other we had seen before. They completed our basement project which included; a new bathroom with shower, re-pitched our septic line and repositioned our water heater and other utilities to a centralized location. The job was completed on budget (with no hidden costs) and completed in a timely manner. We have since had other needs to call Flotek and again their responsiveness has been outstanding. Gabe Cetina (The owner of Flotek), stands behind his work and owns a business we highly recommend.”
Comprehensive Water Heater Repair & Replacement
What are the signs of a failing water heater? Water quality issues, reduced temperature, and water puddling around the unit all indicate signs of trouble. Flotek Plumbing technicians provide a thorough inspection of the unit to determine whether water heater repair services are the most cost-effective solution. If you have an aging water heater or the repairs will cost too much, it may make sense to replace your existing unit. Water heater replacement to a more efficient unit can save you money on your utility bills.
Many homeowners decide to go with efficient water heaters when they renovate their homes or replace their traditional water heater. You can save hundreds of dollars a year by switching to a efficient water heater. Many homeowners in St. Charles, IL, love the convenience of having access to unlimited hot water that doesn't require heating in a tank before use.
When it comes to water heater repair services, our technicians can handle gas, electric, and oil water heater maintenance. We also train our technicians to repair, replace or install efficient units.
Reasons a Water Heater May Need Service or Replacement
If you suspect you have a water heater issue, reach out to our trusted plumbers. The following are the most common reasons a water heater needs repair or replacement:
- Leaking: When a water heater starts to leak, it's important to have it repaired or replaced as soon as possible. A leaking water heater can cause extensive damage to your home.
- Failed igniter (gas): The igniter is responsible for igniting the gas in your water heater. If it fails, your water heater won’t work.
- Electrical surge: If there is a surge of electricity to your water heater, it can cause the unit to fail. This is usually caused by a power outage or a problem with the electrical grid.
- Old anode rod: The anode rod protects the water heater from corrosion. Eventually, the anode rod will begin to corrode, so you have to replace it periodically.
Hiring A Professional Plumber Is Always Recommended for Water Heaters
The best way to ensure your water heater is repaired or replaced properly is to hire a professional plumber. Our licensed plumbers have the training and know-how to diagnose and repair water heaters. Flotek also has advanced tools and equipment needed to properly install a new water heater.
Here’s why you should hire quality professionals for water heater repair and replacement:
- Licensing — Since plumbers are licensed and insured, you can be sure they will do the job right. So, avoid DIY fixes that could end with a costly water heater replacement.
- Insurance — Plumbers carry insurance that covers them in the event of an accident. This protects you from having to pay for damages caused by the plumber.
- Better produce value — Many professional brands of water heaters are not available at big box stores. By hiring a plumber, you can be sure you're getting a high-quality water heater that will last for many years.
- Safe and accurate installation — Plumbers have the training and experience necessary to properly install a water heater. This ensures your water heater will work correctly and safely. Some problems, such as gas leaks, can be dangerous to your health and can cause explosions.
- Leaking from water lines: When a water heater leaks, it can cause water damage to your home. Plumbers have the training and experience necessary to repair or replace the water heater without causing further damage.
- Efficiency: Our experts can help you choose a water heater that is energy efficient. We recommend units with an Energy Star rating and brands with a proven history of excellence. Work with our team to save you money on your utility bills.
- Maintenance: Most importantly, plumbers offer maintenance services that can prolong the life of your water heater. By having your water heater serviced regularly, you can avoid costly repairs or replacements.
Repair versus Replacement
The 50% rule is a guideline used by many professionals in the water heater industry. The rule states that when a water heater reaches 50% of its useful lifespan, it is more cost-effective to replace the unit rather than repair it.
Flotek plumbers always discuss the itemized billing and make a suggestion based on the best interest of the customer while discussing this rule. We want our customers to be well-informed of their options and make the best decision for their needs.
The 50% rule is a rough estimate, and there are a number of factors affect whether it’ time for a new water heater installation rather than a repair. These factors include:
- The age of the unit: If your unit is already 10 years old or more, it may not be worth repairing as it will likely need to be replaced soon anyway. Because water heaters have a finite lifespan, it may make more sense to just replace the unit now and avoid the hassle and expense of repairing it multiple times.
- The severity of the problem: If your unit continuously leaks, has a corroded tank, or structural damage, it’s more cost-effective to replace it rather than spend more money on water heater repairs.
- Upgrading to an energy-efficient model: If your unit is over 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
When is the time to call?
Is your water heater between 8 and 12 years old? If so, a new water heater installation can prevent major leaks and help you conserve water and energy.
Some signs that your water heater has reached the end of its life are:
- Puddles of water around the unit: Sometimes this is due to a leak in the pressure relief valve. If you notice this, turn off the power to the unit and call a professional right away.
- Cloudy water: This could be a sign of sediment build-up, which is not only a problem itself but also indicative of a bigger issue.
- Noise coming from the unit: When water heaters start making strange noises, it's usually a sign that something is wrong.
- Smell of gasoline: If you have a gas water heater and smell gas, you have a very serious issue. To protect your family, evacuate the premises immediately before calling your gas company.
- More than 10 years old: Even if your water heater seems to be functioning fine if it's more than 10 years old, it's most likely time for a replacement.
The Flotek Plumbing Difference
When you work with Flotek Plumbing, you can be sure you're getting honest and transparent service. We believe in upfront pricing and will never try to sell you a service or repair that you don't need. We'll always tell you the truth about what is wrong with your water heater and what needs to be done to fix it.
Other attributes that make us the right choice for water heater repairs and water heater installations include:
- Licensed, bonded, and insured — We are a licensed, bonded, and insured company. This means we have the training and experience necessary to properly repair or replace your water heater.
- On-time every time — During business hours, we guarantee that one of our plumbers will be at your home within the hour. We understand that water heater problems are often emergencies and will do everything we can to get to you as quickly as possible.
- Highly recommended by clients — As a company, we strive to provide the best possible service to our clients. We're proud to say that we have hundreds of 5-star reviews and referrals.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee — We are so confident in our work that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not happy with the work we've done, we'll make it right.
If you're experiencing any of the issues described above, it's time to call Flotek Plumbing. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work, so you can be sure you're making the best decision for your home. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
We Serve Areas Near:
We Serve Areas Near:
4 Clear Signs It Is Time To Replace Your Water Heater
Most homeowners don't think about their water heater until it stops working. Some water heaters can develop leaks or other problems that can cause serious damage to your home. But like any appliance, water heaters have a limited lifespan. If you are wondering whether it is time to replace your water heater, here are four clear signs that it's time for an upgrade.